Human rights are fundamental rights one gets when he/she deserves immediate she conceives. They are entitled to these rights no matter your sex, age, place of residence and nationality. All this right is interrelated, interdependent, indivisible. By this, it means the betterment of one right facilitates the progress of the other right. It is the work of a state to protect the rights of her people regardless of their economic, ethnic or political opinions.
Because of this, organizations have come up to act as watchdogs and custodians of these rights. We have more than a thousand organizations that ensure people follow the fundamental rights. An example of an organization that deals with the civil and human right is the Lacey and Larkin Frontera Fund.
The Lacey and Larkin Frontera Fund is an organization founded by Lacey and Jim. The sheriff had ordered their arrest because they had written a story in the Phoenix News times about how the sheriff’s allies assaulted the constitutions. More alarming was the fact that the subpoenas had demanded the identities of people who read the article online, this was an act of impunity and breaching of human rights. Read more: Jim Larkin | Twitter
So severe were the two (Mike Lacey and Jim Larkin) that they dedicated the compensation money ($3.75 million) they got from suing the state.
The money is used to fund the groups that advocate for the civil, human and migrant rights throughout the state of Arizona. Mike Lacey and Jim Larkin spent their career asserting and defending the first amendment act.
Another organization that has the rights of the people as their primary objective is the International Organization for Migration also known as IOM. The IOM is a leading international organization for migration and its partners with several NGOs to ensure the everyone gets justice and rights.
IMO partners with the international community to encourage economic development through migration.
It advances the understanding of migration issues and also upheld the human dignity and well-being of the migrants. Cooperation with NGOs occurs in different contexts which reflect the different relationship. IOM may collaborate on various matters as partners or just complement each other’s activity.
This organization has strategic focus which includes:
- Providing reliable and cost effective services to people who require international migration assistance.
- Promotes support international debate and dialogue on migrations.
- To undertake programs that facilitate the voluntary return of displaced person and migrants.
- To assist states in the development and delivery of the program to migrants.
- Mass information through research and implementing public information and campaigns through mass media.
- Technical cooperation on migrations, they provide NGOs with technical support to enhance civil society role and contribution to the immigration issues.
- The human rights of migrants: IOM ensures that they conduct seminars and information to increase awareness of the human rights of the migrants.
Over 60 NGOs currently are partnering with this organization. IOM encourages NGOs to participate in its council to create awareness and increase participation in migration policy dialogue.
Learn more about Michael Lacey: http://www.laceyandlarkinfronterafund.org/about-lacey-larkin-frontera-fund/jim-larkin/